Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Issue

Ejaz Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

One of my office have Cisco ASA 5510 with ios 8.4(5). Everything is configured and working fine except the static NAT. I have a block of public IP, which I used to configure static NAT.  The internal server which is configured with static NAT is not getting internet or anything. When I removed the static NAT, the internet is getting (through WAN interface IP). The server is placed in the DMZ. I have allowed everything to the server but it is not working.

Regards,

EJAZ

19 Replies 19

Hi,

In your case the format for configuring Static NAT for the server would be

object network <object name>
 host <server local ip>
 nat (DMZ,Outside) static <public ip address> dns

This would bind the local IP address to the public IP address configured on the "nat" command. This would mean that outbound connections would also use this public IP address. If you had a similiar Static PAT configuration already then you would not really need that UNLESS you are changing the mapped/local port in the "nat" command.

But configuring the Static NAT would already mean that it would override the Dynamic PAT for outgoing connections from this server. Naturally there is a small chance depending on your current complete NAT configuration that even this Static NAT might be overridden but I doubt it. If the above "packet-tracer" is for the DMZ server in question then there should be no problem.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Great help!!!!! It worked.

Now the server connections are going with NATed Public IP.

Thank you so much for your help.

I have one more issue that need to be resolved. Some other teams are currently working on the server, once they have done with server I need to check on that.

Marius also helping me on that.

Regards,

Ejaz

Hi Jouni,

Really appreciate for the replies.

You can check the configuration file I have attached

Regards,

Ejaz

Hi Jouni,

We still have the issue :(

I have configured three static NAT in the firewall, only one is working correctly.

When I remove the static NAT of other two, the connections from the server is going with WAN IP and everything working.

With the static NAT, no traffics are going outside from the two servers(having issue).

Please help

Regards,

Ejaz

Hi Marius,

From the output it is showing that the connection is going outside with firewall's interface IP. I have configured the command which is provided byJouni Forss.

Now the outbound connection from the server also going with the NATed public IP. Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate for the help

Ejaz

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card