cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need to configure eth1 as management on FTD

vetriselvan
Level 1
Level 1

we have to configure FTD 3105 firewall but we do not have SFP module for management port

so we are planning to use one of the ethernet ports(eth0-eth8) as the management port but found no article

is there any article  or can anyone help us with steps and commands

4 Replies 4

I dont know but first time needed management interface then you can config data interface as mgmt.

Is this new fpr ?

MHM

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For out of the box first time setup you need to use either the management interface (requires an SFP as you noted) or the console interface.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/secure-firewall/getting-started/3100/secure-firewall-3100-gsg/fmc.html#id_97497

Once you are connected to FTD via console you can use this command:

configure network management-data-interface

@Marvin Rhoads I am trying to configure Eth1/1 & Eth1/2 as Failover and state link in FTD-3105 on both active and standby ,but it is not displayed in the list while creating HA. Only interfaces from Eth1/3 is displayed..? Also if I etherchannel eth1/1 & 1/2 that portchannel doesn't displays in the list...Any specific reason..?

@titusroz03 to use an interface (individual or portchannel) as failover or state link, it must first have no configuration (no nameif, no ip address, etc.)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card