Views
Helpful
Replies

Open port 5000 & 5001

r.gera
Level 1
Level 1

Please help.

Hi I'm new to this site. I need to open ports 5000 and 5001 on my Cisco PIX 501 to enable some users to be able to connect to our CCTV from outside, can anyone please advice how should I open these 2 ports?

any help is very appreciated.

Tks

5 Replies 5

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic product.  We have moved your post into the NetPro firewalling area.

csaxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Riroe for moving it to right community.

csaxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ray,

You will have to do 2 things to achieve the same.

1) Add a port forwarding statement on outside interface to allow port 5000 & 5001. This is can be either done using interface IP address or a free public IP address.

- static(inside,outside) tcp interface 5000 5000

- static(inside,outside) tcp interface 5001 5001

or

- static(inside,outside) tcp 5000 5000

- static(inside,outside) tcp 5001 5001

2) Allow ports on outside interface to all/specific users on outside

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host eq 5000

access-list outside_access_in permit tcp any host eq 5000

access-group outside_access_in in interface outside

"outside_access_in" is th name of the access-list used. If you have existing access-list acting in inward direction then add these lines to the same.

Hope this helps. Please reply back if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Chirag
P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do rate helpful posts.

Hello Chirag

Many thanks for your reply. I am not sure if I can manage this setup. does it need to be done through command prompt or it can be done through the PIX interface?

Sorry not familiar with PIX.

Tks,

Ray

Hello Ray,

If you have a TAC contract that seek assistance. You can use both CLI or GUI to configure the same.

If you are running on PIX 6.3.x, then here is a guide for you : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/configuration/guide/config.html

For 7.0 or higher, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/conf_gd.html

Please mark the post answered for others to refer in future.

Regards,
Chirag

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card