cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515 With (R) License Can't see 3rd Interface.

wongwm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Need some advise to see whether it is hardware or other issue?

I have a Pix 515 with Restricted license, the box come with 4 FE interfaces, and according to Cisco document, I should able to use 3 of them. But I can only see 2 interfaces in the configuration.

Can anyone tell me this is a hardware or configuration or other problem prevent me access to the 3rd interface?

Appreciate if anyone could give me a piece of advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Wong Wei Ming.

3 Replies 3

a.awan
Level 4
Level 4

What version of PIX OS is installed on the box. The PIX 515 used to support only 2 interfaces with the restricted license prior to version 5.1(2). If you ordered the PIX with 5.1(2) or a later version then you should see 3 interfaces. If you upgraded from an earlier version to one that is higher than 5.1(2) then you will need an activation key which can be obtained from cisco.

ROBERT DERY
Level 1
Level 1

With an R license you will be able to see a 10/100 nic in the top slot of the Pix expansion side. Use an Intel 10/100 Pro pci nic in that slot. You should have only 3 ethernets on that Pix. If you installed the 4 port ethernet nic it will not be acknowledged by the OS.

wongwm
Level 1
Level 1

I am not so sure the original version during the item purchased, it was a "pull back" item from customer about 1 year+.

Thanks for all the advises.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card