Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Enabling our customers to leverage their install base and take them to the next level with Cisco Secure Firewall Threat Defense has always been a key priority.  The migration tool is available for download to migrate the configuration on the on-premi...

gopaks by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Helpful votes

I don't see much discussion and or documentation regarding ospf on PIX..Am just wondering how pix behave when it is configured for ospf network. Are LSAs propagated in the same fashion as routers do? I mean, are the routes learned say from the outsid...

rpalacio by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to upgrade my PIX 525 FO UR bundeled version 6.1 (2) to 6.3(3).1. What precautions I need to take 2. How do I backup my 3des activation keys3. Do I need to upgrade both the firewalls together or I can upgrade one and the second later. (pr...

znair by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to make a VPN tunnel from a client over the internet to a Cisco826 router? This router has IP/FW/IPSEC 3DES software. Does anyone have a configuration example?Thanks a lot.Eduard van Dijk

HelloI have an encrypted GRE tunnel from a remote office to our data centre. I am using ADSL for the remote office connectivity and occasionally the line gets congested on the upstream. I am also using the ADSL line in the remote office to access the...

mpdavies by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a user application that works a little different than most client/server implementations that i have run across. Once the user logins in, the server (that lives on the external interface of the pix) looks up the user in its database and finds...

We have a remote site connected via a 3002 hardware vpn. Users on the site can use thin clients to connect to the central site, but they are unable to connect to a printer queue set up on a 2003 server on their site. They can connect to the server bu...

The ACL hit count show nothingaccess-list capture1 line 1 permit tcp host 172.68.101.1 eq bgp any (hitcnt=0)access-list capture1 line 2 permit tcp any host 172.68.101.1 eq bgp (hitcnt=0) were as the router shows me Jan 16 07:40:25: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: ...

khaile by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

EIGRP and VPNs.We have four tunnels. A connects to our internal network. B, C and D connect to a VPN. We want to load balance EIGRP over each of the four paths. How can we do it?Also, if A fails we want B, C and D to work. If B, C and D fail we ...

tperron by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My version 6.3(1) pix dhcp server worked fine for awhile, but now with increasing frequency, dhcp is serving a bad address (169.254.56.89) to my workstation. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jbiddlew by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Being a newby on the 501 series I encountered the following problem. Our company started servicing a client, who had fired the system operator. There was a new PIX 501 still in the box available, but we can't retrieve the password to configure the...

I would like to back up the configurations from my PIX to a TFTP server. What files should I back up?And what command (syntax) do I use?Thank You

amancuso by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I have 2 PIX 515 (running 5.2(3)) setup for stateful redundancy (serial cable + ethernet4 crossover). I've had on occasion the following problem: the ACTive status switches between the two boxes, but communications thru the firewall sto...

Hi,I have trouble to replace a router with a PIX.In the PX-525 I have 3 VLAN.vlan1: client windowsvlan2: dhcp/dns server (CNR) + BDCvlan3: PDCWith the "dhcprelay" command i have not problem with the DHCP server in vlan2.But I need to forward udp broa...

davidensc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes