cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515E and 4507 switch problem

grc
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a PIX 515E connected to my internal LAN on the Inside interface. The inside interface connects to a 2950 switch that acts as the "core". I am replacing the 2950 with a 4507 and am having problems with the clients on the 4507 connecting to the PIX. I am posting this here because I can connect to all other devices on the inside network, except the PIX.

The configuration is this:

The 4507 is plugged into the PIX inside interface. I have setup a VLAN on the 4507 (VLAN 10) and have a laptop connected. After changing the default gateway to the 4507 for the devices connected to my LAN, I can successfully ping back and forth on VLAN10. I can not however get to the PIX inside interface. I can get to every other device that is connected to the PIX inside interface (by changing the DG to the 4507), I just can not get to the PIX, or past it. I have specified the default route on the 4507 to be the inside interface of the PIX. The PIX will then pass the traffic on to the appropriate network (Outside, DMZ, etc).

I know that my VLAN is configured correctly and that interVLAN routing is working fine. What am I missing?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Is the PIX inside interface also sitting in VLAN10? If not your going to need to add routes in the PIX.

Just a thought.

dougz
Level 1
Level 1

Is the default gateway on the 4507 pointed at the PIX inside interface and as asked previously, is the PIX inside interface on VLAN10 and have a proper IP address and subnet mask?

Doug.

The PIX is not on VLAN10. I figured out my problem....I simply forgot to add a route on the inside interface to my newly created VLAN as you guys mentioned.

Thanks for the replys.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card