cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in asa vpn between 2 branches

hunterman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I have 2 branches connected by vpn with ASA cisco firewall "5506 x and 5526 x", setup with branches voip server Asterisk server,all configure as well working, The ip phone's calling in branch 1 as well and the audio working fine as local between ip phone's, The ip phone's calling in branch 2 as well and the audio working fine as local between ip phone's, when i calling between 2 branches with used vpn by asa, The extension can call between 2 branches from 2 way but the problem was in branch 1 can make hear audio from extension in branch 2 BUT branch 2 can't hear the branch 1 and the same time can talking (the extension can hear directly from extension in branch 2)? I search in google and found the problem in RTP in asa how can solve the problem? Any help

10 Replies 10

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,
One way Voice is normally a routing issue, Please check both the voice subnets are allowed on the interesting traffic of VPN.
If you allowed all these subnets then Try disabling SIP inspection and check.
policy-map global_policy
class inspection_default

no inspect sip

HTH
Abheesh

Thank you for your replay

I'm checked in ASA and already we don't have SIP inspect  "no SIP inspect", And checked the all subnets was corrected and the 2 branches was reachable, IF you know that the ping between the 2 branches it's working and http and other services it's worked but only the problem in voip,

Any advice and help

THANKS 

So if you are saying you can route between phones by means of pinging between phones. Then as a test open up all high udp rtp ports between the two phones and test again.  I would suggest to turn sip inspection on. Unless you have a good reason not to.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I'm checked in ASA and capture the photo below to see the problem and how can resolve that, You can see the photo after the replay comment.

voip2019.PNG

%ASA-5-305013: Asymmetric NAT rules matched for forward and reverse

flows; Connection protocol src interface_name:source_address/source_port [(idfw_user)] dst interface_name:dst_address/dst_port [(idfw_user)] denied due to

NAT reverse path failure.

An attempt to connect to a mapped host using its actual address was rejected.

Dear Dennis Mink,
After i checked more than times, I'm solved the problem with your method, The solving when i added SIP inspection and enabled it in ASA firewall the call between 2 branches was working fine from 2 way. and the audio was working between them,
Thank you for your helping me.
I will rate your answer

no problem, you can mark the comment as the solution.  good to hear

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The problem was back again and the sniffer inside of asa was the error message,
The message: Asymmetric NAT
" %ASA-5-305013: Asymmetric NAT rules matched for forward and reverse
flows; Connection protocol src interface_name:source_address/source_port [(idfw_user)] dst interface_name:dst_address/dst_port [(idfw_user)] denied due to
NAT reverse path failure."
Can you help me again
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card