Views
Helpful
Replies

(Question) Firesight VDB update need to push access control policy manually

filterfilter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question about VDB updates, on the documentation I found that after downloading and installing VDB updates, we have to reapply the access control policy manually.

Does that apply too if we do the update via task scheduler using 2 separate tasks ( downloading & installing ), I mean do we still have to reapply the access control policy manually after those 2 tasks are completed or it will also reapply the access control policy.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

When you schedule an auto update option, then in that case select the option of reapply policy after installing update. That will suffice your requirement and you don't have to manually reapply policy each time after VDB update.

Rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Ankita

Hi Ankojha,

Thanks for your response, but I am unable to find the option to reapply policy for installing VDB update on task scheduling. I do know we have the options to reapply both access control and intrusion policies when we make schedule for rule update (SRU).

Thanks

Hi,

Starting with version 5.4, we added automation for AC Policy apply to rule updates,
because the policy apply is required each time SRUs are updated. Most times, when your AC
policy is "out of date" (note, this is not an error. It just means that there is a newer
version available for the sensors), an automated SRU update is the reason. But in 5.4 its taken care.

Regards,

Aastha Bhardwaj

Rate if that helps!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card