cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RA VPN Phase 1error using ASA5550 and Cisco VPN Client 5.7.440

Stevan44
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to get past the error 412 “The remote peer is no longer responding”. This message is from the Cisco VPN client log. I can see the VPN ACL on the outside hit count increase so I know that the client is reaching the ASA. But it not talking back. The ASA is in the Single, Router mode to support VPN.  I believe that the config is correct at least to my knowledge. I would be most appreciative, if someone would be kind as to find the issue that escape me.

I've added the config . but removed the cert information and most Network objects for the purpose of brevity.

Thanks

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry for the duplication once I noticed that I was not getting any help. I created the posting to the right tag and forum area. With being said I figured out the issues.  Missing a NAT (outside,outside) DMZ and Transform-set issue (debugging revealed error All SA proposals found unacceptable and Warning: Ignoring IKE SA (src) without VM bit set).

Despite the lack of help other than pointing out the double posting, I hope that this will help someone. This is now solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Duplicate post this post is already mentioned in VPN security section.

please do not forget to rate.

I'm sorry for the duplication once I noticed that I was not getting any help. I created the posting to the right tag and forum area. With being said I figured out the issues.  Missing a NAT (outside,outside) DMZ and Transform-set issue (debugging revealed error All SA proposals found unacceptable and Warning: Ignoring IKE SA (src) without VM bit set).

Despite the lack of help other than pointing out the double posting, I hope that this will help someone. This is now solved.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Kind request

>>>Missing a NAT (outside,outside) DMZ and Transform-set issue

Could you post the proper/correct/updated config of the ASA here? It would be very helpful for all users - especially the beginners. Both the earlier config and your updated config could be compared to understand the missing/issue. Thanks in advance

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card