cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Readiness Check forced the updated

aititsupport
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I was running the readiness check from the CLI (i had done in the past) except this time it force the firewall to perform the upgrade.  Did I do something wrong?  

root@FTD5525:/home/admin# sudo install_update.pl ==detach ==readiness-check /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Patch-6.2.3.13-53.sh.REL.tar
ARGV[0] = ==detach
ARGV[1] = ==readiness-check
ARGV[2] = /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Patch-6.2.3.13-53.sh.REL.tar
install_update.pl begins. bundle_filepath: /var/sf/updates/Cisco_FTD_Patch-6.2.3.13-53.sh.REL.tar
tail /var/log/sf/update.status

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Cisco FTD Patch / Wed May 15 01:09:43 UTC 2019.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
[190626 21:12:43:544] MAIN_UPGRADE_SCRIPT_START
[190626 21:12:43:586] #####################################
[190626 21:12:43:587] # UPGRADE STARTING
[190626 21:12:43:588] #####################################

/

/

/

[190626 21:13:17:215] BEGIN 200_pre/200_enable_maintenance_mode.pl

Connection timed out

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That shouldn't have happened. The readiness-check parameter is supposed to flag the script to exit after performing the pre-upgrade checks.

I'd suggest opening a TAC case to see if they are aware of a bug with the upgrade script.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That shouldn't have happened. The readiness-check parameter is supposed to flag the script to exit after performing the pre-upgrade checks.

I'd suggest opening a TAC case to see if they are aware of a bug with the upgrade script.

Thank you for that. I was thinking the same thing and have a TAC Case que but I wanted to pose the question before I did that. Thank you.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card