Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renew License on FMC through Smart Licensing and PAK

Hello Everyone,

I have Cisco Firepower Management Center for VMWare and I can manage to start the Smart licensing connecting with the Cisco Smart Software Manager. The FMC was (I believed) using the classic license method to activate the term license, like the Malware and the URL filtering. Since the previous staff left, there is a gap in between. Now, both licenses are expired and I have already got the licenses on hand. I know that in the normal way, I have to add the Device from the Device Management. But the thing is, I was having this FMC to manage the two FTDs. Should I have to break the connections, then Add the Devices again with using the "Smart Licensing"?

Regards,

Tim

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use FMC to add a License following the below link (since you have not mentioned what version of code running on FMC so below link help you )

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firepower-management-center/215838-fmc-and-ftd-smart-license-registration-a.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

My FMC is in 6.2.2 (build 81).

The steps mentioned I have run through it before as I was having problems on "connecting/registering" the FMC with the CSSM. Now I have fixed it by removing the Quo root cert and import the correct one.

I may need some help on what to do next. As of now, I have the licenses on hand, the FMC is running, but without the Malware or URL filtering since the license expired.

Thanks

Timothy

I have the licenses on hand,  - PAK or smart License.

best to contact the License team so they can convert PAK to Smart License (Live chat available License portal below easy to resolve your issue)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/licensing/licensing-support.html

BB

Well. Here it becomes more complicated. The PAK license was converted by the Cisco engineer into Smart license previously.

Then, I got the question to ask engineer about what is the suitable procedure as I mentioned in the first paragraph.

But that engineer said our company is not having Contract with the FMC. Then the case was closed by them. Anyway, I am now in the middle of the road, I can't convert the smart license back to PAK. I can't go forward because they claimed that there has no valid contact to ask them. (the contact was signed around a month ago, FMC should be included in that renewal)

Headache about that!!

not sure why that was case with TAC, you have right License you asking Licence team to support for License installation, not for TAC case for FMC failure, this is odd for me. i would suggest to ask for esclation of team mananger for this.

in short if you have smart License you have CSSM access you can reserve the License and install FMC, is that not working ?

with the URL i have shared, what is the challenge here ?

BB

No matter what, I have already asked the engineer to revert my license back to PAK, use the classic way to settle the licenses in my FMCv. If not, we are in big risks. Cheers.

Thank you.

Timothy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card