Views
Helpful
Replies

SFR in ASA reports one High Cpu in FMC but ASA CPU reports fine

evan.chadwick1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

When FMC reports an SFR as having one high CPU should I expect the ASA CPU to also report it has high CPU?

When I check the cpu on the ASA its CPU does not report as high.

Thanks, 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SFR and ASA uses two different CPUs. High SFR CPU doesn't mean that ASA CPU
is high.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to what @Mohammed al Baqari correctly noted, think of ASA with Firepower service module as two distinct VMs each with hardware resource reservation running on a hypervisor. Each has its own dedicated compute and memory and they do not affect each other. ASA sends traffic for the module via an internal dataplane interface and gets it back similarly. If the module makes a verdict to deny the traffic it sends that to the ASA - also via the dataplane.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

SFR and ASA uses two different CPUs. High SFR CPU doesn't mean that ASA CPU
is high.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to what @Mohammed al Baqari correctly noted, think of ASA with Firepower service module as two distinct VMs each with hardware resource reservation running on a hypervisor. Each has its own dedicated compute and memory and they do not affect each other. ASA sends traffic for the module via an internal dataplane interface and gets it back similarly. If the module makes a verdict to deny the traffic it sends that to the ASA - also via the dataplane.

A customer with many SFR Sites often has high Cpu alerts. 
I'd like to check a couple of sites during high Cpu and see if I can prove it is the same traffic, ie windows updates etc. 

I can find the process causing it, but how could I confirm what traffic flow is causing it? 
Other than timestamps and then questions to the Windows team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card