Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN error on FMC

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi ,

I'm running FMC on FTD 2100 and I have 2 VPN errors displaying on my 2 site-toSite VPN's that I can not undesrtand : Please see screenshots :

Error 1 : VPN is inactive due to Idle Timeout

Error 2 : VPN is inactive due to User Requested.

idel timeout1.pngvpn user requested1.png

Any help please ?

3 Replies 3

mikael.lahtela
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

SSH to the 2100 and connect to system support diagnostic-cli and use show crypto commands to troubleshoot the L2L connection.

br, Micke

I have the same problem with IKE1 IPsec from 2130 to 5506 and 5505. I will change to IKE2 as soon as possible.

But, when using the "show crypto" command, how do I troubleshoot a problem like "idle timeout" ? I have check the values and the endpoint B is set to unlimited. Cant find out where to change this on the 2130.

Please rate as helpful, if that would be the case. Thanx

Hi!

Error 1 : VPN is inactive due to Idle Timeout

Our peer sent a notification to the other peer, because the tunnel VPN doesn´t have traffic inside itself in the last 30 minutes (by default), so the Tunnel goes down.

Error 2 : VPN is inactive due to User Requested.

The other peer sent a notification to our other peer, because the tunnel VPN doesn´t have traffic inside itself in the last 30 minutes (by default), so the Tunnel goes down.

If you use the show running-config all group-policy you can review the vpn-idle-timeout in your group policy, in my case this is "DfltGrpPolicy" and shows 30 minutes.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-05-15 a la(s) 19.17.44.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card