cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp version 3 on Pix 515E version 7.0 ????

skerrin
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone advise if snmp version 3 is supported on any release of version 7 PIX. And if not, does Cisco plan to support it on PIX? I can find no information relating to snmp v3 on PIX; the only reference seen is to switches and routers. ta in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Version 7.0(1) adds support for SNMPv2c, providing new services including 64-bit counters (useful for packet counters on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces) and support for bulk MIB data transfers. Additionally, Version 7.0 includes SNMPv2 MIB (RFC 1907), and the IF-MIB (RFCs 1573 and 2233) and the Cisco IPSec Flow Monitoring MIB, giving complete visibility into VPN flow statistics including tunnel uptime, bytes/packets transferred, and more.

Answering your question, version 3 unfortunately is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Franco Zamora

View solution in original post

Hi Sean,

I'm happy I could help you out. Please remember to rate my response.

Have a great day!

Franco Zamora

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Version 7.0(1) adds support for SNMPv2c, providing new services including 64-bit counters (useful for packet counters on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces) and support for bulk MIB data transfers. Additionally, Version 7.0 includes SNMPv2 MIB (RFC 1907), and the IF-MIB (RFCs 1573 and 2233) and the Cisco IPSec Flow Monitoring MIB, giving complete visibility into VPN flow statistics including tunnel uptime, bytes/packets transferred, and more.

Answering your question, version 3 unfortunately is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Franco Zamora

Franco,

Thanks for speedy response. You confirmed what I thought and had seen documented. It's reassuring to know that I hadn't missed some crucial bit of info hidden in the depths of Cisco's website!!

Thanks for help

Sean

Hi Sean,

I'm happy I could help you out. Please remember to rate my response.

Have a great day!

Franco Zamora

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card