Views
Helpful
Replies

snp_drop_none

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

What does this message on the end of the logged line mean?

Aug 18 2011 13:16:55: %ASA-6-302014: Teardown TCP connection 37247 for outside:192.168.26.125/3618 to inside:172.26.1.5/18082 duration 0:00:00 bytes 0 <snp_drop_none>

ASA 5505 v8.4(2). Thanks.

Also, can someone please confirm that

TCP Reset-I

TCP Reset-O

means that the connection was reset from the Inside host and Outside host, respectively?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Well the syslog guide as well does not indicate any such syslog, you might be hitting:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCta83553

But this bug was supposed to be fixed in 8.3, so not really sure about the reason, I suggest if the logs that you get are huge in number open a TAC case for it.

THe TCP-Reset-I mean that the reset was from the host on the higher security level

TCP-Reset-O means the reset came from the host on the lower security level.

Its not always isnide, outside, the I and O are just reference points, they do not mean inside, outside.

It could be inside and dmz as well, depends upon the security levels.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Well the syslog guide as well does not indicate any such syslog, you might be hitting:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCta83553

But this bug was supposed to be fixed in 8.3, so not really sure about the reason, I suggest if the logs that you get are huge in number open a TAC case for it.

THe TCP-Reset-I mean that the reset was from the host on the higher security level

TCP-Reset-O means the reset came from the host on the lower security level.

Its not always isnide, outside, the I and O are just reference points, they do not mean inside, outside.

It could be inside and dmz as well, depends upon the security levels.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thanks much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card