cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static NAT configuration ASA 5515 with Version 9.1(3)

HI experts,

i have a consideration creating a some load balance through ASA using NAT features. but i am getting stuck in one place. 

(outside1) WAN1   ---------         ------ VLAN1 (inside)

public IP range                |        |

ASA    

|        |  

<<<<  ADSL router -------------  (outside2) WAN2   ---------         ------ VLAN2 (inside)

public IP range                       private address range

i configured wan 1 as a default route with lower metric and Wan 2 as a default route with higher metric. so VLAN1 and VLAN2 users can access internet using wan1 by default route. ADSL router doing his nat and internet part properly. i wanted to send vlan 2 traffic through wan2. for that requirement i created a static nat from vlan2 all IPs to wan2 IPs (i can make many static nats because its private address range) interfaces and network address ranges. but when i run packet tracer ASA using wan1 as a outside interface to vlan2 traffic. 

i have seen routing is happening before nat process. so i identified this problem occurs because of that. i have done this successfully in asa5510 and its not working on 5515 with 9.1(3) OS version. 

any ideas which i can drive wrong path?

Thanks in advance for any idea

PS: unfortunately i am not able to post configuration or ip addressing due to security policies. your ideas will be gold point to me. :)

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
2 Replies 2

It's tough troubleshooting without seeing the config, but did you by change accidently enabled 'route-lookup' on the static nat rule?

Hi Niels,

thanks for reply..

Actually i have not used 'route-lookup' command on nat commands. 

i guess this is a OS bug according to http://packetpushers.net/understanding-when-a-cisco-asa-nat-rule-can-override-the-asa-routing-table/ and waiting for TAC support.

thanks

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card