cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP ASA Image

Senbonzakura
Level 1
Level 1

Current error I'm getting, not sure why.

ciscoasa# copy tftp flash

Address or name of remote host [10.0.0.220]? 192.168.101.150

Source filename [asa917-32-k8.bin]?

Destination filename [asa917-32-k8.bin]?

Accessing tftp://192.168.101.150/asa917-32-k8.bin...
WARNING: TFTP download incomplete!

%Error reading tftp://192.168.101.150/asa917-32-k8.bin (Unspecified Error)

Management Interface IP: 192.168.101.100 /24

Remote Host Interface IP: 192.168.101.150 /24

Current Firewall ASA510 Series

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(5)59
Device Manager Version 7.6(2)150

I'm trying to update the image so I can use the ASDM software to manage my firewall but I need to update the version first before I can to make it compatible

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is the TFTP service running? Have you configure the root folder to be the one where the ASA image is stored? Do you have any firewalls on the endpoint, maybe this is blocking the TFTP session. Are there any other firewalls in between the ASA and the TFTP server that might block TFTP? Look in the TFTP server logs to see if the connection request at least comes in.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is the TFTP service running? Have you configure the root folder to be the one where the ASA image is stored? Do you have any firewalls on the endpoint, maybe this is blocking the TFTP session. Are there any other firewalls in between the ASA and the TFTP server that might block TFTP? Look in the TFTP server logs to see if the connection request at least comes in.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Hey Christian Matei,

Thank you once again for taking the time to help me out with everything, it's greatly appreciated.

I was using Solar Winds TFTP to get this done, even though it didnt work. I managed to get the GUI for the Firewall by configuring the HTTP services then downloading the ASDM installer, after I installed the ASDM I used that software to update the image on the firewall :)

Thanks again :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: