cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traceroute result "time out" passing through ASA to outside (public)

CiscoJane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have an issue regarding traceroute result "time out" passing through ASA to outside (public). I have two public ip addresses at ASA, one is assigned at outside interface which translate (NAT) for some networks (192.x.x.x/24). Another one (public ip) is not assigned at any interface but it works NAT for a network (172.x.x.x/24). 

When i traceroute to public (eg: 8.8.8.8) from 192.x.x.x network, it is fine and no time out and complete trace. When i traceroute to public (eg: 8.8.8.8) from 172.x.x.x network, it got many time outs and also complete traceroute.

Thanks for any response.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://advanxer.com/2015/04/allowing-tracert-in-cisco-asa-firewall/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have tried with these, it does not work. thanks.

>...I have tried with these, it does not work. thanks.
 - Then it could be a bug , try recent advisory software version for  your ASA (if applicable)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have -inspect icmp error

is the Public IP different IP range configured on the Outside interface ?

can you post example traceroute output here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Two public ip addresses are the same range, one is assigned at Outside interface and another one is just for NAT ip. Below is screenshot for traceroute.

soesoemyat_0-1692691074465.png

i have no inspect icmp error

May be try adding that command and also TTL expiry config.

Why there are many 172.X Hops  before reaching NAT IP(public)?

Can you post the sucess one ? 192.X ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card