cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade FMCv device licence

Stuart-ITGL
Level 1
Level 1

Currently have a FMCv with a 2 device licence of which both licences are consumed.

Customer now wants to add in a third Firepower managed device which will obviously take it over the device limit.

I know that I am unable to "stack" up 2x 2 device lics to make 4 so would instead have to purchase a 10 device licence.

Is it just a case of purchase the licence, move into appropriate Smart Account and let the magic happen or is it going to be more involved such as rebuild FMC to use the new license?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No rebuild or other action on the FMC end is needed.

As long as it is registered to your Smart Licensing account where the new license is  deposited it will be authorized to manage the required devices.

View solution in original post

Correct. They are not additive.

You use either a 2-device or 10-device or "unlimited"-device (really 25 device since that's a software limit) license.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No rebuild or other action on the FMC end is needed.

As long as it is registered to your Smart Licensing account where the new license is  deposited it will be authorized to manage the required devices.

Phew that's a relief!

I am right in thinking that you can't stack licences - in this case buy another 2 device licence and it'll use the existing one and the new one at once?

Correct. They are not additive.

You use either a 2-device or 10-device or "unlimited"-device (really 25 device since that's a software limit) license.

no addition config need it automatically pickup from smatLicense

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card