Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Firesight MC 1500 to 6.2?

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I have two FMC 1500 units that are running software version 5.4.1.9

The systems indicate this is the current version (everything is green), but there are later releases of the software out there apparently. I am getting rule updates and can connect to Cisco just fine from the appliance, so I am wondering why it isn't telling me to upgrade.

I looked at the release notes but couldn't determine how to proceed

Can this system be upgraded to 6.0+? Or is the 6.x version of the software not for this unit? Do I need to apply that pre-installation patch first?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Major version upgrades (i.e. the first ordinal or higher - like 5.4 to 6.0 and 6.0 to 6.1 etc.) do not appear as automatic suggestions or downloads - you have to download them manually and then upload to your FMC.

Yes you would install the pre-installation patch and move up through 6.0 to 6.1 as follows:

Version 5.4.1.x > Version 6.0 Pre-Installation Package > Version 6.0 > Version 6.0.1.x > Version 6.1

Do that for your FMC and then also for your managed sensors. Once everything is at 6.1 you can then move to 6.2 (6.2 FMC cannot manage pre-6.1 sensors) and finally to the current patch (6.2.0.2 as of this posting date).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Major version upgrades (i.e. the first ordinal or higher - like 5.4 to 6.0 and 6.0 to 6.1 etc.) do not appear as automatic suggestions or downloads - you have to download them manually and then upload to your FMC.

Yes you would install the pre-installation patch and move up through 6.0 to 6.1 as follows:

Version 5.4.1.x > Version 6.0 Pre-Installation Package > Version 6.0 > Version 6.0.1.x > Version 6.1

Do that for your FMC and then also for your managed sensors. Once everything is at 6.1 you can then move to 6.2 (6.2 FMC cannot manage pre-6.1 sensors) and finally to the current patch (6.2.0.2 as of this posting date).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card