cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Firepower Management Center instead of ASDM?

errMsg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ASA 5506-x v4 and im wondering if I can use the firepower management center to manager the firepower sensor on the ASA.  When I go to the IP address of firepower I get this message: (I dont have a active service sontract as this is just for home use).  I have tried to download the FMC (Firepower Management Center) but I need a service contract.

firepower.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

5506-x sfr sensor can managed through ASDM or vFMC/FMC. In order for you to manage the 5506-x sfr module from vFMC. you need to download the vFMC appliance than you have to register your 5506-x sensor to vFMC. yes to get download the vFMC you need a active service contract or you could reach to your local cisco representative. however, again in order to have a TAMC (control/protection/url/malware) you need to have a license (or you need to buy lic) for it.

licensces.PNG

if 5506-x is a new out of box it will give you 90 day evaluation period bear in mind you need a PAK file though.

on site note 5506-x is gone EOL.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

5506-x sfr sensor can managed through ASDM or vFMC/FMC. In order for you to manage the 5506-x sfr module from vFMC. you need to download the vFMC appliance than you have to register your 5506-x sensor to vFMC. yes to get download the vFMC you need a active service contract or you could reach to your local cisco representative. however, again in order to have a TAMC (control/protection/url/malware) you need to have a license (or you need to buy lic) for it.

licensces.PNG

if 5506-x is a new out of box it will give you 90 day evaluation period bear in mind you need a PAK file though.

on site note 5506-x is gone EOL.

where is the best place to get a service contract?  I purchased the 5506-x at a online auction site.  I'm using this for home lab and studies but I need the vFMC to manage it like the one I manage at work.

Thank You!

your work must have a support contract with cisco. you can ask them to get the license for you. otherwise you have to reach a cisco partner or cisco representative.

Hi,
You can contact local Cisco partner to get one.

HTH
Abheesh
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card