cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

virtual secure firewall snap shot and rebuild

michael.mcmahon
Level 1
Level 1

I am learning secure firewall but I do not need it reality. So I was wondering if I buy the vsecure firewall on amazon and pay as I go with it. Is it possible to take a snap shot for backup . so that I can tear down the AWS virtual environment  and when I need to run it I can rebuild it from the snap shot. Or do I just need to tear down around the Firewall and keep the Vfirewall up but shut it down. So that I can learn to configure and test the setting.

Also how do I get in touch with Cisco electronic engineers for I am working a device that work in concert with Cisco devices and other manufacturers to fight ransom ware, file infiltration, role escalation in hybrid and on premise for critical state and city infrastructure.

2 Replies 2

I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean by vsecure firewall?  Do yo umean Firepower? Or ASA perhaps? or perhaps even Umbrella SIG?

As for taking a snapshot, it should not be a problem as long as the firewall is shutdown / not running.  The problem with taking snapshots of the Cisco FTD NGFW while it is operational is that its databases can become out-of-sync and corrupt during the snapshot since snapshot "pauses" the VM for a short time while performing the snapshot.

Getting in touch with Cisco depends on what you are getting in touch with them for.  For technical support you need to have a valid support contract with Cisco.  Other than that you would probably need to go through your local Cisco partner and have them put you in touch with an account manager that can probably help you further.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

personally rather snapshot, i take the config and rebuild the new on in the new environment and restoring the config is the best option.

when you moving clod to cloud (some time IP address may change so you need to change as per requirement when you restoring)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card