Helpful
Replies

Web Defence admin password locked.

Kanes Ramasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Good day. 

I am in need or urgent assistance. I created a new user account on the firesource defence centre as read only and the moment that was created all my admin accounts are failing login. It is requesting for us to contact the administrator. Please assist on how to reset the admin account password. 

Thanks and Regards,

Kanes.R

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please refer to this TAC document: "Reset the Password of Admin User on FireSIGHT Systems".

It has the procedures for resetting the password from the cli.

If you cannot login via cli, you can also reset the admin password by rebooting the entire Defense Center and switching the OS to single user mode and resetting it from there. That procedure is also described in detail.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for the document. I have tried the method suggested in the document but the access to GUI is still failing. I do have access to CLI with Admin rights. I am not sure why the defence center GUI is not allowing access via the same username password. I am thinking that it may be locked out or some sort of blockage. 

Hopefully someone can shed some light. 

Thanks in advance.

Kanes.R

If you're running an actual Defense Center I would imagine there is a support contract covering it. If you have that, open a a case.

Did you by any chance make a backup of your DC? If so maybe you could restore from the last backup.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for suggestions. I have raised a TAC case for this issue and am working with the TAC for resolution. Will keep you updated. 

Thanks

Kanes.R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: