cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web & DNS servers inside the pix firewall

jmps7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a web and DNS server inside the interface of my Cisco Pix Firewall. Both servers were map to an outside public address. Outside users could able to access our web server both via the domain-name and its equivalent ip address, but my inside users could only access our own web server using its ip address and no problem with accesing other sites. What do I need to check? Is there something wrong with my setup?

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance.

--

jmps7

6 Replies 6

sghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need the alias command to fix this issue. Here is a good example.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/alias.html#int

Thanks

Sujit

Sujit, hi!

thank you for your response!!

I have that configuration, but the problem still could not resolve the ip address of my we server into its domain-name.. Do I need fix something on the DNS server? If so, how could I do that to integrate it with my Pix Firewall.

Many thanks..

--

jmps7

Hi

Be assured that your DNS server is OK. I can say confidently that alias command is not correctly implemented.

---ejaj

Hi,

I agree with the alias command because I did it with my other configuration, the only difference is that the DNS is in the outside network. Assuming that there will be no problem with the DNS server configuration, Is that all I need for this case, even my DNS server has a similar subnet with the ip address of the pix firewall's inside interface?

Thanks for the advice...

--

jmps7

I didn't know if you ever got this worked out. Here's an example of what your alias command should look like....

alias (inside) 192.168.10.25 137.39.174.227 255.255.255.255

192.168.10.25 is the internal address of the dns/web server, and is statically mapped to 137.39.174.227

Hope this helps.

Let me know, How I shall I rewrite it if I am using DNS at dmz1, web server at dmz2 and clinet at dmz3.

--ejaj

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card