cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What else needs to be done for SIP on ASA 5510 /3825

stownsend
Level 2
Level 2

My SIP provider is not convinced that my ASA  and Edge Router is not altering the SIP packets.  On the ASA I've removed the inspect SIP, and H323, what else needs to be done to make the firewall not mess with the SIP Traffic.

Packets are flowing in/out. 

access-list hbg-outside-198_access_in extended permit udp host <SIP HOST> object sfipoffice_o eq sip

access-list hbg-outside-198_access_in extended permit udp any object hbgipoffice_o gt 49152

access-list hbg-outside-198_access_in extended permit udp any object hbgipoffice_o lt 53246

Here are my Policy Maps.

policy-map type inspect dns preset_dns_map

parameters

message-length maximum 512

policy-map type inspect dns migrated_dns_map_1

parameters

message-length maximum client auto

message-length maximum 512

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect dns migrated_dns_map_1

inspect ftp

inspect rsh

inspect rtsp

inspect esmtp

inspect sqlnet

inspect skinny 

inspect sunrpc

inspect xdmcp

inspect netbios

inspect tftp

inspect ip-options

inspect icmp

inspect ils

inspect http

!

On the 3825 Its jsut a pretty simple config that jsut routes packets form one interface to another, all Public Addresses, so no NAT on it.

Anything else I need to do?

Thanks,

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you removed SIP inspection, you may also want to "clear local x.x.x.x" for the IP address in question so, all new connections will not use SIP inspection.

Besides that nothing else needs to be done.

If there is address translation involved then, to fix up the embeded IP address within the packets, you most defenitely need sip inspection enabled. If there is no address translation (NAT) involved then, all you need is permission via the ACL.

-Kureli

I'm a bit confused about your reply.

I have two devices.

The ASA, which has to do NAT. Though its SIP Inspection is disabled.

The 3825 Edge Router, It does not do NAT, there is no Policy Map and no inspections in the

The Configs on these have been in place for some time over a few reboots. So I dont think its a Cached thing.

Thank you,

Scott<-

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card