cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whats involved to change ip add on ASA?

Justin Bray
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change my IP Address away from 192.168.0.X/24. If I change the interface will this automaticly update my access lists, nat, ect. for the things tied to this address. Or will I have to go through and reconfigure it all. I will be using the ASDM for this and I have an ASA 5505 with version 9.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

I think everything should update for you automatically if you do it through ASDM. The only time I know of things going very wrong with NATs and ACLs is when you need to remove an interface name "nameif" and add it to another interface. One thing that may help you validate this, in ASDM there is a preference setting that will let you preview the commands ASDM sends after the apply button is pressed. You can make the IP change, apply it and then see the commands it will send. At this point you can either accept or reject them depending on what you see.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

I think everything should update for you automatically if you do it through ASDM. The only time I know of things going very wrong with NATs and ACLs is when you need to remove an interface name "nameif" and add it to another interface. One thing that may help you validate this, in ASDM there is a preference setting that will let you preview the commands ASDM sends after the apply button is pressed. You can make the IP change, apply it and then see the commands it will send. At this point you can either accept or reject them depending on what you see.

Ok, thank you for your help. That was what I was hoping for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: