cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why the ridiculous hard set limit (150) on anyconnect clients on the fp1120 in ASA mode?

Ulrik Rosen
Level 1
Level 1

The hard limit of 150 anyconnect peers seems to have been decided by Cisco only to sell a more expensive model. The thoughput of the hardware should be the limitation and the choice to exceed the (by Cisco setup) limit should be the made by the end customer not by Cisco.

If i want to "overload" my hardware is should be my choice

Is it possible to change this limit or am i forced to by a new hardware?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Totally Agree your concern, since you brought the product you hve right to use what you want to do,

but we need to look another side of the positive - this is not a white box - this is cisco owned product and tested as per the best (yes every vendor want to make more money, and give good product, some time fails) - 

But looking at FP model it got a maximum of 1.5G throughput. - so 1.5GB /150 = you get the real throughput? some time that may not be good for some organization, so the reason of new and higher models based on the requirement.

That is Cisco design point of view on how they design as per my understanding here. but you are free to use any product. Let me explain some time back i use to work organisation they can not even have money to invest in Cisco. so i offered Linux Based solution with Atom Box at the Branch office, it works as per the need, but time will tell you what kind of problem and support you need. some branches works like great, some branches required to reboot. but it was acceptable for business.

Sure Cisco BU Learn and take your input as feedback and add to new improvements.

Sorry, sometimes we think what our point of view. but other points of view may be different.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ulrik Rosen
Level 1
Level 1

We have seen that even with 150 clients we only had a load on the system around 100-200 Mbit/s, so there is a large gap up to 1.5.Gbit/s....

The clients are not experiencing any performance issues even when the 150 limit is reached,

So my point in this is that I should have the possibility to exceed the recommended system limit if needed.

But instead im forced to invest in new hardware, not happy with that,

i can accept a recommendation on what the system can do based on best practice but if i see that i need to run over the limit i must be able to do it. 

With hope on changes to this limitations on the ASA/FP-series

UR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card