cancel

Cisco Catalyst 9200 VRF Limitation - Only a maximum of 4 VRFs supported

Views
Helpful
Comments
Redman1804
Beginner

Hello Everyone

Can you help with a query regarding the Cisco Catalyst 9200. Cisco documentation states the following regarding the Catalyst 9200:

"For Catalyst 9200 Series switches the maximum is 4 VRFs on the modular models and 1 VRF on fixed models."

My questions are:

a) Does this limit exclude the global routing table which in an SD-Access deployment is the INFRA VN?
b) Does this limit exclude the built-in Mgmt-vrf?

Thank you

3 Comments
stuart.pannell
Beginner

I have just tried configuring 4 VRF's on a 9200L and it stopped at adding one saying the maximum VRF's is 2. There are the default Management VRF and one that I have setup.

How do I enable it for four?

Redman1804
Beginner

Hello Stuart

The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series is made up of modular (C9200) and fixed (C9200L) switch models and the according to the FAQ - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat9k-swit-plat-faq-cte-en.html, the maximum number of VRFs that you can configure on the Cisco Catalyst 9300, 9400, 9500 and 9600 Series switches is 256. For Catalyst 9200 Series switches the maximum is 4 VRFs on the modular models and 1 VRF on fixed models

Since you have a 9200L which is a fixed model, you are limited to the built-in or pre-configured management VRF and an optional user-configurable VRF. You will not be able to configure 4.

All the best

stuart.pannell
Beginner

Capture.PNG

Not forgetting the enhanced VN SKU's that support 32 VRF's