I was excited to attend the Open Networking User Group Conference last week at Columbia University in New York. The Open Networking User Group is a community of IT business leaders who exchange ideas and best practices for implementing Open Networking and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) designs. One of the ONUG working groups is the SD-WAN Working Group which was my main interest for attending this event. The SD-WAN working has determined a set of 10 business requirements (based on user-developed use cases) that Enterprises should consider when evaluating SD-WAN solutions:
1. Ability for remote site/branch to leverage public and private WANs in an active/active fashion for business applications.
2. Ability to deploy CPE in a physical or virtual form factor on commodity hardware.
3. A secure hybrid WAN architecture that allows for dynamic traffic engineering capability across private and public WAN paths as specified by application policy, prevailing network WAN availability and/or degradation at transport or application layer performance.
4. Visibility, prioritization and steering of business critical and real-time applications as per security and corporate governance and compliance policies.
5. A highly available and resilient hybrid WAN environment for optimal client and application experience.
6. Layer 2 and 3 interoperability with directly connected switch and/or router.
7. Site, Application and VPN performance level dashboard reporting.
8. Open north-bound API for controller access and management, ability to forward specific log events to network event co-relation manager and/or Security Incident & Event Manager (SIEM).
9. Capability to effect zero touch deployment at branch site with minimal to no configuration changes on directly connected infrastructure, ensuring agility in provisioning and deployment.
10. FIPS 140-2 validation certification for cryptography modules/encryption with automated certificate life cycle management and reporting.
Hello. I'm new to this, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. I tried googling this but cannot figure it out. like you see the title the questions is "Command to keep IOS output from interrupting command input and other output" its one of ...
Hi, I am trying to setup a configuration for remote access VPN I am unable to use router#(config)crypto isakmpI only got below insteadR1#crypto ?key Key related commands.pki Public Key components https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/qu...
We have a device connected to a 3650 switch whose ethernet controller crashes when it receives more than 200000pps. The traffic to this device can have variable packet sizes, so it would not be practical for us to rate-limit by mbps. Is there an...
if we enable mls Qos command on a C3560, by default, all ports are untrusted + COS override:dis + default COS:0. if we have the below, what will be the QoS value at the egress? Untagged frame (Access port connect PC) - at egress will be COS:0???...
I am a novice network guy. If I have missed something obvious, please let me know. I have a N520-20G4Z-A and using SFPs only in ports 4,5,6, and 7 - Port 7 won't come up. There are no other connections to the router. The f...