Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
amyles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For some time I have observed the marketing "hype" asserting that 5G based security solutions were better in some way than Wi-Fi 6 based security solutions. I believe the claims are generally overblown, and so I have worked with two colleagues at Cisco, Stephen Orr and Mark Grayson, to develop a White Paper that explores the current state of 5G and Wi-Fi 6 security solutions, and the journey each technology took to reach that state.
It concludes that, while the resulting security architectures of 5G and Wi-Fi 6 are slightly different, they are the result of a journey in which both technologies started with very limited security and ended with them both incorporating many similar security advancements. That said, Wi-Fi 6 arguably has a slight advantage today due to its use of more advanced encryption mechanisms (and greater architectural flexibility), but the reality is that both 5G and Wi-Fi 6 encapsulate modern security practices, and both are prepared to meet the security challenges of the future . . . together.

The white paper is available here. Please enjoy!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: