cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus Dashboard upgrade failure

scruse
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade a cluster of 3 master nodes and 1 standby node from 2.1.2d to 2.2.1h via the gui, and its failing on the install step.  The standby node seems to get installed ok but all three master nodes fail.  The cluster is only application nodes and is only running the orchestration service.  I have tried disabling the service, but it still fails the same way.  Any suggestions on what may be causing this or what I can do to upgrade the cluster would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Replies 4

Gilad Meirovich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @scruse 

What kind of deployment do You have? (Physical, VMware ESX, AWS, etc.)
Is the cluster healthy? (I'd recommend connecting to each node via ssh and enter "acs health" command)

scruse
Level 1
Level 1

@Gilad Meirovich  Thanks for the reply.  All four nodes are Vmware and the cluster is reporting healthy from the GUI.  All nodes show "All components are healthy" from the "acs health" command. 

Hi @scruse 

You might need to do the upgrade procedure for virtual cluster deployed on VMware ESX from release 2.1(1) and later to 2.2.1h -
Step 9 on https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/nd/2x/deployment/cisco-nexus-dashboard-deployment-guide-221/nd-deploy-upgrade-22x.html
Maybe this will help even though You have mentioned that You have App Nodes with NDO (so I assume that You are already using the App/Data node form factor)

scruse
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Gilad Meirovich ,

I've been following that guide and yes we are already running 2.1(2d) and installed them as App Nodes".  I'm beginning to think at this point I may just have to build new 2.2.1h nodes and replace each node one at a time.