Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Dashboard Insights - failed to enable the service

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi experts,

I am trying to deploy an NDI in a vND installed on a hyperflex cluster and seems that I fail miserably.

The problem is that I cannot enable the NDI service.

This is the setup:

• vND: 2.2.2d
  • NDI: 6.1.3.94
  • 3x Data Nodes: with recommended resources allocated:

SergiuDaniluk_1-1667214499968.png

I get "Failed to enable the service" error while trying to activate the service. If I click on details, I see "Can not support required scale for this service on current Nexus Dashboard deployment, please check documentation for more details"

SergiuDaniluk_2-1667214608083.png

Of course, this is not very descriptive of what scale the fault refers to. But anyway, if it helps, I configured the "network scale" configuration, with minimum possible entries:

SergiuDaniluk_3-1667214702492.png

Is there something else which I am missing to enable the NDI?

Thanks,

Sergiu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The solution, in case you want to run NDI in a lab, or for a demo, you can simply use 3x App nodes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Funny note - if I try to install the NDI on a single-node vND, I get this "error" message:

SergiuDaniluk_0-1667214919087.png

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The solution, in case you want to run NDI in a lab, or for a demo, you can simply use 3x App nodes.

why would it work with 3x APP node and not with 3xData nodes? I am getting the same error i cant enable and it shows blank. I only have one Data Node in my setup. now i am trying 3xAPP nodes only

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: