cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't use ncs-setup to create an NSO Instance

JPWelby99939
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to create a NSO instance, logged in as root, a user, or using sudo.  I am running Ubuntu 20.04.2 on VMware Workstation 15.5.7 in an AWS Instance running Windows Server 2019.  This is what I get:

ncs-setup command not found.PNG

Thanks in advance for assistance!

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need to source ncsrc again. But, I’d just make sure the regular user has write access to the directory.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need to source ncsrc again. But, I’d just make sure the regular user has write access to the directory.

You seem to be picking directories called ‘bin’ to create your NSO instance. In linux/unix these are by convention intended for your executable programs. The NSO instance will contain the database and software packages that are loaded by NSO, but no executables, so it does not really belong in bin. For development purposes I have made a directory under my user, which I called NSOtests and under there I create the NSO instances I need, I end up switching between several instances as I work on many projects simultaneously, and because I will make instances ad hoc to test things separately from my main projects.

That should ensure that as vleijon says, you have the write permissions to create the instance.

You can put the command to source ncsrc in .bash_profile in your home directory, to have it on every login

cat >> $HOME/.bash_profile <<EOF
. $HOME/nso-5.5/ncsrc
EOF

JPWelby99939
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, I'll give that a try.