Helpful
Replies

Cannot do data model upgrade when commit queue has items

igotni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm facing a problem when I try to do a "package reload"

Error: Operation failed because: Cannot do data model upgrade when commit queue has items.

Any idea how can I resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@igotni wrote:

Error: Operation failed because: Cannot do data model upgrade when commit queue has items.

This means that there are pending items in the commit-queue, that have not yet completed.

You can either wait for them to be completed, or you can clear the items in the commit queue, using the action "devices commit-queue clear". Note that if you clear the queue items, NSO might get out-of-sync with the devices (since NSO will then have changes in it's CDB that have not been pushed to the devices).

/Ram

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

3Dg4RIP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this error usually generate when you don't have all Software package. Could you provide the current version and new version, also the platform where you want to excecute the upgrade.

Thanks

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@igotni wrote:

This means that there are pending items in the commit-queue, that have not yet completed.

You can either wait for them to be completed, or you can clear the items in the commit queue, using the action "devices commit-queue clear". Note that if you clear the queue items, NSO might get out-of-sync with the devices (since NSO will then have changes in it's CDB that have not been pushed to the devices).

/Ram

karkarup
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this got resolved by 

packages reload max-wait-time 1 timeout-action kill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: