cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change cli style per user

tsiemers1
Spotlight
Spotlight

I know you can set the cli style to either juniper or cisco-xr in the ncs.conf for all users. Is the ability to do this per user an option? Was thinking something under the following 'user <user> session' and an added option of 'cli-style'. Then instead of being global it would be set on a per-user login to the cli.

6 Replies 6

Andre Gustavo Albuquerque
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Do the users share the same shell?
If not, wouldn’t it just a matter of using an alias in the shell of users’ choice?

Best regards

I believe you are referring of using the "ncs_cli" command. However, that is like a "console" and should not be used in production by non-admin users as it skips NACM rules.

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sounds like an interesting new feature request. There are different settings that you can set for a user CLI session but I do not see an option for the CLI-style.

admin@ncs% set user admin session
Possible completions:
autowizard - Automatically query user for mandatory elems
complete-on-space - Enable/disable completion on space
devtools - Enable/disable development tools
display-level - Max depth to show when displaying configuration
history - History size
idle-timeout - CLI idle-timeout in seconds
ignore-leading-space - Ignore leading whitespace
paginate - Paginate output from CLI commands
prompt1 - Prompt for operational mode
prompt2 - Prompt for configure mode
show-defaults - Show default values when showing the configuration
admin@ncs%

thanks for sharing, was not aware of this option:

admin@ncs(config)# user admin session ignore-leading-space

which will help on my labs that have an auto-formatted white space before each command on DevNet learning labs that is unavoidable :) and causing heartaches for students. 

This was my thought as well. It would be nice in a mixed environment to let the user decide on cli type instead of setting it globally in the ncs.conf.

yes, talk to your Cisco contact to ask a feature request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: