Views
Helpful
Replies

Check sync result unknown

romain.guilloux
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Some times after instantiate a service in NSO, I have got the following result from a check sync :

sync-result {
    device RNET-E14
    result unknown
}

Do you know what it mean ? When I have in sync or out of sync result I understand but not with that result.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sstrollo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The result unknown means that NSO doesn't have a record of a transaction id with that devices, and so it doesn't know if it is out of sync or not. Reasons for this can for example be: you have not yet done a sync-from, you have committed a change using the no-networking flag. You can look at wether a device has a transaction id recorded in NSO by show devices device <name> state if you do the last-transaction-id will tell you.

By the way, all possible return values from check-sync are documented in the file $NCS_DIR/src/ncs/yang/tailf-ncs-devices.yang, look for grouping check-sync-result.

Hope that helps!

/Sebastian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It means the device doesn't support the check-sync operation. Instead of check-sync, you can try compare-config. Slower, but always available.

sstrollo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

The result unknown means that NSO doesn't have a record of a transaction id with that devices, and so it doesn't know if it is out of sync or not. Reasons for this can for example be: you have not yet done a sync-from, you have committed a change using the no-networking flag. You can look at wether a device has a transaction id recorded in NSO by show devices device <name> state if you do the last-transaction-id will tell you.

By the way, all possible return values from check-sync are documented in the file $NCS_DIR/src/ncs/yang/tailf-ncs-devices.yang, look for grouping check-sync-result.

Hope that helps!

/Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: