cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Tailf NSO - Tailf-ncs-scheduler.yang Java API not included in com.tailf.ncs.ns

JimBoucher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been trying to use Navu under /scheduler:scheduler/scheduler:task  to iterate on the names as part of a helper function that sets an action-param based on the current date-time.  None of that really matters except for the part where the com.tailf.ncs.ns.<whatever, like Ncs, NcsState, and such) does not include the tailf-ncs-scheduler.yang.  This means I can't initialize a base NavuContainer/NavuContext as I cant do something like:

NavuContainer schedroot = new NavuContainer(context).container(new Scheduler().hash());

I see in the NSO javadocs that the only exposed namespaces are: inet, Ncs, NcsAlarms, NcsNed, NcsSnmp, NetconfNcs, and Yang.

Is there another way to use Navu for this? I'm going to maapi to do it for now, but wanted to see if I have missed something.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

There are actually several alternatives for the container method, from the javadoc:

NavuContainer	container(ConfNamespace ns, String containerName)
Returns a reference to a subordinate container with the name containerName, belonging to the namespace ns.
NavuContainer	container(Integer key)
Returns a reference to a subordinate container with the hash value key.
NavuContainer	container(String key)
Returns a reference to a subordinate container with the name key.
NavuContainer	container(String prefix, String key)
Deprecated. 

If you do not have the integer key you can use the string instead. It gives you sightly less protection (since you can make up random strings) but it works just as well.

-Viktor