cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Philip Petty
Cisco Employee

Create an authgroup using MAAPI Java API

Hi,

I'd like to get some help creating an authgroup entry using the MAAPI Java API. So far I have been following the AddAndSyncDevices example found here and modifying it as appropriate:
examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/8-maapi/packages/maapi/src/java/src/com/example/maapi/actions/AddAndSyncDevices.java

Below is a snippet of the code I have - I have created the socket, maapi instance, user session and transaction handle prior to this:

ConfPath newAuthgroupPath = new ConfPath("/ncs:devices/authgroups/group{%s}", name);

if (maapi.exists(th, newAuthgroupPath)) {

System.out.println("Authgroup " + name + " already exists - deleting");

maapi.delete(th, newAuthgroupPath);

}

maapi.create(th, newAuthgroupPath);

Pretty basic stuff and it works up to this point. The problem I am having is, an authgroup has a 'umap' element which is a list, however, I can't figure out how to create it. I have tried the following:

maapi.create(th, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._umap_));

This throws the following exception:

com.tailf.maapi.MaapiException: /ncs:devices/authgroups/group{testing}/umap: notcreatable

I have also tried:

ConfList umapList = new ConfList();

maapi.setElem(th, umapList, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._umap_));

This throws the following exception:
com.tailf.maapi.MaapiException: /ncs:devices/authgroups/group{testing}/umap: typeless node

Failing getting umap to work, I tried creating a default-map instead (however I would prefer to use a umap) with a bit more success. I have been able to create the default-map and set the remote-name, however I am getting an exception when setting the remote-password. I am guessing that this is because the remote-password I am setting is a string and it is defined as a tailf:aes-cfb-128-encrypted-string in tailf-ncs-cluster.yang?

Below is the code I have tried for creating and setting the default-map:

maapi.create(th, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._default_map_));

ConfBuf remoteNameBuf = new ConfBuf(username);

maapi.setElem(th, remoteNameBuf, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._default_map_ + "/" + Ncs._remote_name_));

ConfBuf remotePasswordBuf = new ConfBuf(password);

maapi.setElem(th, remotePasswordBuf,

newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._default_map_ + "/" + Ncs._remote_password_));

ConfBuf remoteSecondaryPasswordBuf = new ConfBuf(enablePassword);

maapi.setElem(th, remoteSecondaryPasswordBuf,

newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._default_map_ + "/" + Ncs._remote_secondary_password_));

Below is the exception I mentioned above when setting the password but it is not encrypted:

com.tailf.maapi.MaapiException: /ncs:devices/authgroups/group{testing}/default-map/remote-password: <<"testing">> is not a valid value.

I have looked through the Ncs examples and the advanced NSO training material and I haven't seen any examples like this, of creating a umap or list or creating an encrypted string.

To summaries, these are my questions:

• How do I create a umap/list and populate it with values via MAAPI?
  • How do I create the encrypted remote-password via MAAPI?

Appreciate your help with this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
frjansso
Cisco Employee

Hi!

I'd recommend you go with Navu, IMHO easer to work with.

To create the umap list entry, I believe you'll have to create a path like:

"/ncs:devices/authgroups/group{%s}/umap{%s}, groupName, userName

so possibly:

maapi.create(th, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._umap_ + "/{" + userName + "}"))

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
frjansso
Cisco Employee

Hi!

I'd recommend you go with Navu, IMHO easer to work with.

To create the umap list entry, I believe you'll have to create a path like:

"/ncs:devices/authgroups/group{%s}/umap{%s}, groupName, userName

so possibly:

maapi.create(th, newAuthgroupPath.copyAppend(Ncs._umap_ + "/{" + userName + "}"))

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

Thank you, Fredrik. That frustratingly makes sense because according to the YANG model, the umap is keyed on the local-user field so the local-user should be given at the time it is being created. I can confirm that this now works.

Any pointers on encrypting the remote-password?

I did start looking into Navu but I couldn't find any examples of how to create objects so I kept exploring MAAPI based on the AddAndSyncDevice example mentioned above. If you have good examples/resources for Navu I'd be very interested in reading them.

Hi!

Unfortunately I don't have an example of decrypting the password. I'd suggest you open a separate thread on it.

If you have a Java service, you'll actually get the Navu object as part of the call:

17 public Properties create(ServiceContext context,

18 NavuNode service,

19 NavuNode ncsRoot,

20 Properties opaque) throws ConfException {

NavuList devices = ncsRoot.container("devices").list("device");

NavuListEntry theDevice = devices.elem("the-device");

NavuContainer newDevice = devices.create("the-new-device");

If you need to create the Navu from a Maapi object, you could do this:

oth is a thread handle

NavuContext context = new NavuContext(maapi, oth);

NavuList devices = (NavuList) new NavuContainer(context).getNavuNode(new ConfPath("/ncs:devices/ncs:device"));

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Fredrik

schalaga
Cisco Employee

Hi!

This code works to create an authgroup.

private void addAuthgroup() {
        int th1 = 0;

try {
            th1 = maapi.startTrans(Conf.DB_RUNNING, Conf.MODE_READ_WRITE);
            NavuContainer ncsContainer = DeviceOnboardingUtility.getNcsContainer(maapi, th1);
            NavuList devlist = ncsContainer.container(Ncs._devices_).container(Ncs._authgroups_).list(Ncs._group_);
            NavuContainer authgrpCont = devlist.create("BASIC_AUTH");
            logger.info(" exists  " + authgrpCont.container(Ncs._default_map).exists());
            NavuContainer defContainer = authgrpCont.container(Ncs._default_map).create();
            defContainer.leaf(Ncs._remote_name_).set("admin");
            defContainer.leaf(Ncs._remote_password_).set("admin");
            maapi.applyTrans(th1, false);
            maapi.finishTrans(th1);
        }catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

}

Thanks,

Sujani