cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

finding xpaths supported by a device

jigojar
Level 1
Level 1

I am having difficulty in finding suitable xpath for my telemetry streaming. can I get a list all xpaths supported by the device and the description related to each xpaths.

4 Replies 4

tsiemers1
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you are using Cisco devices or anything that supports netconf you can use the following tool
Cisco Yang Suite

This allows you to explore xpaths for telemetry on devices or you can load the yang files directly from github and explore them.

https://github.com/YangModels/yang/tree/master/vendor 

Another cool tool if you are on Cisco IOS-XR is this command

run mdt_xpath.py 'show command'

Which will output xpaths that contain the data similar to the show command you entered. Believe you need to be version 6.6.3 or higher for this command

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:labXRDevice540#run mdt_xpath.py 'show watchdog memory-state'
Wed Feb  2 08:03:58.175 CST
Yang xpath: Cisco-IOS-XR-wd-oper:watchdog/nodes/node/memory-state

Hi,
Is there any way to download the complete XPath for the ASR & NCS devices? Yung suite is giving the option to browse one by one XPath tree.

You can add a device into the Yang Suite and make sure it has NETCONF connectivity to the box.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.57.08 AM.png

Then in the Setup - Yang Modules create a yang repo for that device and select 'NETCONF' pick your device and select 'Get schema list' to pull the yang files from that device. Then you can explore those yang oper files from that device.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.57.48 AM.png

This is the GUI way of pulling stuff. You can also run get commands via NETCONF directly to the device to pull its schema and supported yang files.

Ryan1905
Level 1
Level 1

Following up on the answer provided by @tsiemers1, I have used Advanced NETCONF Explorer which can be found at https://github.com/cisco-ie/anx.

It runs nicely in Docker and you can connect to multiple devices. In my case, I have used it with IOS XE, IOS XR, and NSO. One feature listed on the GitHub page is "GNMI and IOS XR Telemetry support tools to edit sensor groups and show live data using GRPC."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: