cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOW CAN I ADD HUGE NUMBER OF DEVICES TO NSO 300 DEVICE AS EXAMPLE BUT NOT MANUALLY?

Ahmed Elsamahy
Level 1
Level 1

I NEED AN AUTOMATED WAY TO ADD HUGE NUMBER OF DEVICES TO NSO WHAT IS YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

we developed a python script and used REST API to excute to NSO and worked fine .

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ahmed Elsamahy
Level 1
Level 1

is it normal to add all these devices manually ?

davmoral
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

not sure what you´re trying to accomplish here. If you just want to add emtpy devices, you can pick up the config from a sample device, and repeat this config with a script that changes the device names , then load merge into your NSO config.

If these are netsim devices you are trying to create, you can also generate a script to create the netsim config lines, then load the netsim config into NSO, but you will likely hit memory limit before you get to 300 (much earlier than that depending on device type)

I want to integrate NSO with say 300 pe routers is it normal to add them one by one manually ? I am working now on python script to read fro excel sheet that contains these router's data and then i think i should send rest call to nso to add them . Did you face this issue before so you can share your thoughts or outputs with us ? Thanks in advance for your help

This tool might be a little bit interesting: https://github.com/NSO-developer/ndtplgen but there are many ways to accomplish this.

we developed a python script and used REST API to excute to NSO and worked fine .
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: