Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add a device with no authentication

Q5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I am looking at using a network emulator and virtual devices (ex: EveNG or GNS3 or VIRL) and in these cases the devices could be accessed via a console port that can be accessed via telnet IP:Port where the IP is 127.0.0.1 and the port is allocated by the emulator. There is no authentication for these devices

How does NSO handle these devices? How do I configure the authentication for these devices?

Thank you

Q5

2 Replies 2

hi

i would try something like this 

device test {

address 10.1.1.2;

port 13000;

location {

name virl;

}

authgroup default;

device-type {

cli {

ned-id cisco-ios;

protocol telnet;

}

}

ned-settings {

cisco-ios {

proxy {

remote-connection serial;

remote-address 10.1.1.1;

remote-port 13000;

}

}

}

}

you may not need the proxy/remote port stuff

also my be worth creating a customer auth group where you don't specify a user mapping 

not the complete answer but should be in the right sort of direction i think

Thanks

Regards

Yale

Thanks for the reply Yale

After posting I did some more research and my conclusion was that I can't and I should not use the NEDs in the free demo for this. That NED that comes with the free version is old and it lacks most of the options that come after ned-settings. I do not have any of the below options. I learned that they exist from someone who tried to help me. 

a

admin@ncs(config)# devices device csr2 ned-settings cisco-ios?
Possible completions:
  cisco-ios                                   cisco-ios ned-settings
  cisco-ios-api                               Configure API (new API features/changes)
  cisco-ios-auto                              Configure auto (dynamic behaviour)
  cisco-ios-auto-prompts                      Pre-stored answers to device prompting questions.
  cisco-ios-cached-show-enable                Enable cached-show
  cisco-ios-config-warning                    Device warning regexp entry list.
  cisco-ios-inject-answer                     Inject answer to question from device received when applying config
                                              (commit phase).
  cisco-ios-inject-command                    Inject command (before or after) specified config-line upon commit.
  cisco-ios-inject-config                     Inject config when reading from device.
  cisco-ios-inject-interface-config           Additional config to insert first in an interface config.
  cisco-ios-log-verbose                       Enabled extra verbose logging in NED (for debugging)
  cisco-ios-police-format                     Configure the format(s) used by the device for police settings.
  cisco-ios-proxy-settings                    cisco-ios proxy ned-settings
  cisco-ios-replace-commit                    Replace (or filter) config when writing to device.
  cisco-ios-replace-config                    Replace (or filter) config when reading from device.
  cisco-ios-show-running-method               Change method to show running-config
  cisco-ios-transaction-id-method             Method of the cisco-ios NED to use for calculating a transaction id.
  cisco-ios-use-ip-mroute-cache-distributed   Use ip mroute-cache distribute instead of ip mroute-cache
  cisco-ios-write-memory-method               Change method to write config to memory
  cisco-ios-write-memory-setting              Configure how and when an applied config is saved to persistent
                                              memory on the device.
admin@ncs(config)# devices device csr2 ned-settings cisco-ios
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: