cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to display all RPC errors from a failed request?, Can NSO retrieve all RPC errors from a failed request instead of one?

equinix
Level 1
Level 1

We use NSO to configure Junos routers. Typically if the Nortbound system sends a request that the device can't configure an RPC error is generated.

In most cases the error is easy to discern, such as a duplicate VLAN for example. However, there are times when the RPC error will respond with something like "interface xxxx could not be created from the configuration".

The error is correct, but the underlying RPC error that reveals the source of the issue from the request is not shown.

How can all RPC errors be displayed in NSO for a failed requests?

Apologies if this was already answered, I have not been able to find it if it has.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahh now I get it. I don’t think that’s possible however I will check to be sure.

-Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you asking for the RPC details between NSO and the Juniper router? If so, you can try to enable NED trace for that.

Thanks,

-Dan

Thanks Dan,

Yes We can see all multiple errors in the Device Trace. We would like to get that information as part of the REST Response.

We have set the below flag. Not sure still we don't multiple errors in the REST response. Is there any other configuration do we need to do get all RPC errors as part of error response.

admin@ncs% show devices global-settings report-multiple-errors

report-multiple-errors true;

Thanks,

Ahh now I get it. I don’t think that’s possible however I will check to be sure.

-Dan

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd have to check the NETCONF trace, I'm afraid :-(

Would be nice if we improved this in NSO.