Views
Helpful
Replies

if-ned-greater-than

sfloresk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Creating a service template, I can specify what version of the driver I would like to use via "if-ned-id" - Is there an option to have a "greater-than" operation for NED versions in the XML templates?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can however list multiple ned-ids after the tag, and use a final else-branch as a catch all. 

But no greater-than or less-than. It could be an interesting feature suggestion to allow more operations on the ned-id. (There are some technical challenges, a ned-id is not strictly ordered, but maybe it could be interpreted as a string).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can however list multiple ned-ids after the tag, and use a final else-branch as a catch all. 

But no greater-than or less-than. It could be an interesting feature suggestion to allow more operations on the ned-id. (There are some technical challenges, a ned-id is not strictly ordered, but maybe it could be interpreted as a string).

I would also add that an alternative is to use native XPath functions. At the end of the day, the ned-id is accessible via its path: /devices/device[name='Node-1']/device-type/cli/ned-id

So, you can get the version like this:
admin@ncs% xpath eval substring-after(substring-after(/devices/device[name='Node-1']/device-type/cli/ned-id,'cisco-iosxr-cli-'),'cli-')
[ok][2020-10-28 23:37:55]

[edit]
admin@ncs%

Then, you can apply your comparison (either to lower or bigger diggits)