My company is beginning to develop a new edge device solution for our business units based on the ENCS platform. Alot of these devices will be at remote or customer sites where we won't have easy access to the management interface locally. You can say my network is more service providerish. Initially we were told that DNA-Center was the way to go for what we want to do, but we are beginning to find that it is lacking the ability to do certain things remotely. Is it worth while to begin looking at what NSO can do for us? The main things we are looking to be able to do is manage the ENCS remotely and use an ISRV to connect into our network (sometimes through a single IP) There is a Single-IP-Mode within NFVIS, so I was hoping that NSO supported that functionality. We would also like to easily and and remove VNF's (ASAv, Linux, etc) without impacting the device operations. Is something like this even possible?
The NSO vBranch Core Function Pack (CFP) is a component for automation of Cisco SD-Branch. It is primarily targeted towards (Managed) Service Providers. The CFP is a TAC supported product which can be used to build SD-Branch automation solutions. It aims to provide 80%, leaving 20% to be provided by AS, partners, or built by the SP themselves. This means lower development cost, shorter development times, and shorter TTM.
The vBranch CFP features include
Plug-and-play (PnP)/Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) of NVFIS devices such as ENCS
Spin-up of Cisco and 3rd party VNFs, including day-0/bootstrap configuration and service chains
SW upgrade or migration is something you never can escape from so it's better to make it part of your process. The remaining challenge is to determine when to give up what has been working to secure your future needs. Martin and the NSO team will guide y...
There is not a single golden tool that fits all purposes simply because development processes and needs are different. Instead, pick the tooling you need from the Smörgåsbord and build your environment to suit your needs. Shashidhar will guide you throug...
How Verizon Streamlined NSO Development with Continuous Integration
This is a customer success story of how Verizon ITNUC builds a CI chain to streamline the NSO development process. The containerized NSO makes testing several NSO packages in para...
It is best practice to avoid storing your secrets (e.g., passwords and shared keys) in plain text, either on NSO or on the device. In NSO, we support multiple encrypted data types that are encrypted using a local key. Similarly, many devices such as Cisco...