cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetSim devices oboarding issue

pvagu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Below is the error I have seen while deploying the VNFD. Please let me know if Iam missing something while using auth groups.

Error: Failed to fetch ssh host keys for SANJOSE-SAE_TEN

Attached screenshot for your reference.

3 Replies 3

kiran kotari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Can you check is your vm alive and reachable from NSO. (In the image I see vm-alive not-reached)

2. if you VM alive and reachable then try fetch-ssh-hostkeys if your are still facing an issue, then check your auth-groups. 

Note:- Provide more informative data to know about the issue. The Screenshot doesn't give information why it failed and what was the scenario etc. 

Thanks for your response Kiran. I was trying to do "VNFD CSR deployment" and hit with above "Failed to fetch ssh host keys for SANJOSE-SAE_TEN" error. Issue got fixed after extracting the IOS package. I followed the below steps.

1. Exit from NSO CLI shell
2. cd /usr/shared/sae
3. cd packages
4. tar xvf ncs-5.2.2.2-cisco-ios-cli-6.49.tar.gz
5. rm ncs-5.2.2.2-cisco-ios-cli-6.49.tar.gz
6. rm -rf ./state/packages-in-use.cur/
7. IS_NETSIM=true ncs --with-package-reload-force

Hi Praharsha,

There was no netsim device running on your vm/docker, which leaded this issue. Here are the useful commands to create and add device to NSO.

ncs-netsim add-device <ned-location> <device-name>
ncs-netsim start <device-name> 
ncs-netsim ncs-xml-init <device-name> > <filename.xml>
ncs_load -l -m <filename.xml>
ncs-cli -c -u admin 
devices device <device-name> ssh fetch-host-keys
devices device <device-name> sync-from

-Kiran 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: