Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netsim does not have Network Element Driver registered

Hey NSO Community!

I am hitting an issue with setting up a CI system with NSO and Netsims for testing. I am running NSO in a container that wcan be run locally or on a jenkins server to execute unittests and package validation.

I create and add the netsims by:

1. ncs-netsim create-network cisco-ios 1 dummy

2. ncs-netsim add-device ios-device-0 cisco-ios

3. ncs-setup .

4. ncs

Then run a script to execute "sync-from-file PATH/device_config/ios-device-0-config.txt" on the netsim to get config from a text file.

The issue i have, is that when trying to use live status exec actions or make config changes on the added netsims I get the error:

"_ncs.error.Error: item does not exist (1): Device ios-device-0 does not have a Network Element Driver registered "

I have confirmed that the netsim has a ned registered in device settings.

again, the odd thing is it all works when i run the container on a jenkins server, but not when locally on MacOS. The hope with the container was the ability o have consistency between the local dev, CICD test env, and production env.

Thoughts on the cause of the does not have a Network Element Driver registered  issue?

Thanks!

Brandon

2 Replies 2

update:

running a ncs --status after start shows:

Loaded packages:

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,577][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : cisco-ios:

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,577][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : Version: 5.8.3 Status: error

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,578][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : Info: [LOAD_PACKAGE[GC overhead limit exceeded]]

any insight into how to adjust or address the GC overhead limit exceeded? Or what the GC limit is?

thanks!

Update:

issue resolved by increasing the docker memory allocation on the local mac