cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to execute copy command on huawei device through NSO

neeramis@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am doing image install on huawei device.

It executes the ftp command as follows.

<Huawei_S7706_1>ftp 1.1.1.1 {Example}
Trying 1.1.1.1 ...
Press CTRL+K to abort
Connected to 1.1.1.1.
220 Service ready for new user.
User(1.1.1.1:(none)):ftpuserid
331 User name okay, need password for ftpuserid.
Enter password:
230 User logged in, proceed.

[ftp]binary
200 Command TYPE okay.

[ftp]get /locationOfFileInFtpServer {External ftp server file path}
200 Command PORT okay.
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
226 Transfer complete.
FTP: 1520 byte(s) received in 0.929 second(s) 1.63Kbyte(s)/sec.

[ftp]bye

221 Goodbye.

It should download the file in the huawei device and it is downloading while doing manually , perfect.

Now I need to execute the same command through NSO so I am passing command as below.

ftp 1.1.1.1\nftpuserid\nftpuserpwd\nbinary\nget /locationOfFileInFtpServer

api used /api/operational/ncs:devices/device/Huawei-Dev/live-status/vrp-stats:exec/_operations/any

My ask.

1. Am I doing correctly? for prompts i am putting /n and providing the required parameters, I can see the image file starts getting copied into the device but it is failing before it completes with below error(image size is around 210MB)

Error: External error in the NED implementation for device Huawei-Dev: read timeout

I had increased the timeout with large integer, disconnected device, reconnected but in between image stops getting copied and prompt kept waiting...

2. If \n is not the correct usage what should I replace and how should I form commands.

Please help

I am using NSO version 4.6 NED version 4.8 huawei-vrp

1 Reply 1

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried in the NSO CLI instead of the REST API? This is always a good first check before finding the right REST (RESTCONF better!) API call.

I know the REST API has a 30min idle-timeout and that could be the issue if you are seeing that it works well for 30min.

Roque