Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO Service Reconciliation

igotni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm beginner in NSO, and I wanted to implement Service Reconciliation mechanism, so I built the vrf example of service reconciliation applying the reconcile template.After making few tests I figured out that this example doesn't handle deleting services or parameters from device and also creating new instance of service.

Do you have any idea how can we handle these issues ,

I have another question concerning syntaxes used in the reconcile template :

<? set VRF = {name}?>
<?save-context vrf-service?>
<?switch-context vrf-service?>
<?set-context-node {../../ncs:devices/ncs:device[name=current()/name]/config/vrf/vrf-list[name=$VRF]}?>

I can't find any information or documentation about these syntaxes, can you please give information of each one ?

appreciate any guidance or practical experience.

Many thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The vrf example is specific to updating the service configuration to include out-of-band changes to the device configuration and isn't targeted toward the service onboarding. In your case you would need to create services based on the device configuration you detect and then you would need to issue the service instance reconcile action to actually onboard the service.

As for the syntax used in the reconcile templates. That information can be found in the nso_development documentation provided with the release. Just in case you are unfamilar with the documentation you can find it in the doc directory at the top level on the NSO installation.

-Dan

Is there any example for this case ?

Hi,

While I don't see a working we can share, you can read the nso_development guide and check out the section on service discovery. That section will provide some insight. I do plan on sharing some sample code for a similar use case, but I'm not there quite yet.

-Dan

lmanor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Comment on the template instruction syntax.. 

This syntax is provided in the NSO Development Guide - Chapter 11 Templates, section 'Processing instructions' (table 160 in NSO 4.7 doc).

BTW, in future please create a separate discussion - others could benefit when searching for 'template', instead of trying to find this in a Service Reconciliation post.

Thanks lmanor,

Next time I'll separate discussion.