Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO Web GUI / services questions

GiulianoIng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

My team and I are deploying Cisco NSO 5.1.1.1 (system install for a production environment) and are having some problems to understand how to (if possible) deploy a service only from GUI.

We managed to create a simple service and it works properly if applied from the NSO CLI

(eg:

>conf t

>services "simple_acl" <DEVICE> <other service-related info>

>commit)

From the GUI the things are different.

For example, our service "simple_acl" shows 1 entry (1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 as you can see from the screenshot) when selected from the list of services, that's the entry that we created by applying the service to the router from the CLI, and it automatically appeared in the GUI.

That's what I get if I click on the "+"  button

screen1.png

Now let's suppose i want to delete the one applied from CLI and create and deploy a new entry for the ACL,

I click the +, enter the data and click confirm :

screen2.png

That's what I get:

screen 3.png

Question 1: 

Is there any way to DEPLOY/Commit effectively a service on a Device/Device group from GUI ?

Question 2:

Is there any way to EDIT an existing configuration from the GUI ? 

Thanks in advance for your help

-G.I.

4 Replies 4

gmuloche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

the answer to both your questions should be "yes"

maybe something to ask for would be (if possible) to share the yang model you are using (especially the key of the list of service).

Can you also elaborate on:

"Now let's suppose i want to delete the one applied from CLI and create and deploy a new entry for the ACL"

in your screenshot it seems that the second entry you creates is using a different device name (GDC) rather than the one in the background (SDM) and after applying it looks like you end up with the second device name and the old "ACL" rule.

Finally how would you achieve what you are trying to do (if I understand well create new ACL entry) from CLI if you have managed to do it?

Hi ! 

Thanks a lot for the answer

-Attached the yang model that we're using

Can you also elaborate on:

"Now let's suppose i want to delete the one applied from CLI and create and deploy a new entry for the ACL"

in your screenshot it seems that the second entry you creates is using a different device name (GDC) rather than the one in the background (SDM) and after applying it looks like you end up with the second device name and the old "ACL" rule.

I'm sorry, I didn't write it out properly and didn't post all the screenshots.

Yes the second entry I'm creating in the screenshot has a different device name and is a new rule (2.2.2.2), other than the 1.1.1.1 permitted for the "SDM" device. I'll try to be clearer now: 

-If I apply the service from the CLI this way it both appears on device config and "service manager" on NSO GUI 

1.jpg

It appears from GUI and if i click check-sync it turns greenIt appears from GUI and if i click check-sync it turns greenCreating a new entry for the same device and clicking ConfirmCreating a new entry for the same device and clicking ConfirmThe service isn't deployed and gives the same error as my previous screenshotThe service isn't deployed and gives the same error as my previous screenshotNothing happens to the router and the new entry doesn't ever get appliedNothing happens to the router and the new entry doesn't ever get applied

Hope that's clearer !

Thanks in advance @gmuloche !

G.I.

Hello,

Are you committing your Service Manager changes?

After you create the new service instance in the Service Manager of the GUI you'll then need to go Commit Manager (check the changes if desired) and commit the changes. 

After the commit, you should then be able to do the check-sync from the service manager successfully.

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: