cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial sync-from for synchronize the entire device configuration

Fantolino
Level 1
Level 1

I need configure several devices as part of a single service delivery. I'd like to synchronize all of them in parallel, using python. For some of them I have to perform a partial sync-from whilst for other I need to sync the whole configuration.

I know how to partial sync-from in python

func = root.ncs__devices.partial_sync_from
input = func.get_input()
input.path = [ p1, p2 ]
out = func(input)

Can I have some path to point to the entire configuration (e.g. /devices/device[name='myDev']/config)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hazad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you asking if you can provide "/devices/device[name='myDev']/config" to the partial-sync-from path input parameter to sync the full device configuration? The answer to that is yes, you can.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

davidoliver
Level 1
Level 1

Partial sync-from is a feature in network device configuration management that allows you to synchronize only specific parts of the device configuration instead of the entire configuration. It provides more flexibility and control when it comes to managing and synchronizing configuration changes across devices.

With partial sync-from, you can select and synchronize specific configuration sections or objects that need to be updated or modified, rather than synchronizing the entire device configuration. This can be useful in scenarios where you want to apply changes to only a subset of configuration elements without affecting the rest of the device's configuration.

hazad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you asking if you can provide "/devices/device[name='myDev']/config" to the partial-sync-from path input parameter to sync the full device configuration? The answer to that is yes, you can.